A+ Interactive Math has recently released the perfect solution to identify and close learning gaps in math! Twenty Math Mini-Courses are available for subjects such as; Time and Money, Place Value and Percentages, and many more.
I was immediately attracted to the fact that these Math Mini-Courses focus solely on the areas that your child needs further help with in order to master that subject. For my daughter, Time and Money are her two weakest areas.
Each of the Math Mini-Courses Include:
Interactive Video Lessons
Easy to Print Worksheets
We started the Math Mini-Courses with our Time lessons. There are 20 lessons total.
- 1.1 Days, Weeks, Months and Years
- 1.2 Days
- 1.3 Weeks
- 1.4 Months
- 1.5 Years
- 1.6 Converting Time: Days, Weeks, Months and Years
- 1.7 The Four Seasons
- 1.8 Seconds, Minutes and Hours
- 1.9 Digital and Analog Clocks
- 1.10 Telling Time to the Hour
- 1.11 Telling Time to the Half-hour
- 1.12 Telling Time to the Quarter-hour
- 1.13 Telling Time to 5 Minute Intervals
- 1.14 Converting Time: Seconds, Minutes and Hours
- 1.15 Duration of Time
- 1.16 Converting Digital and Analog Time
- 1.17 Converting Units of Time
- 1.18 Adding Different Units of Time
- 1.19 Finding Elapsed Time
- 1.20 Adding Elapsed Time
Since lessons are short (about 15-20 minutes total) it was only natural to move on with a Money lesson. There are 18 lessons total.
- 1.1 Pennies, Nickels, Dimes, Quarters
- 1.2 Converting Nickels, Dimes and Quarters to Pennies
- 1.3 Converting Pennies to Nickels, Dimes and Quarters
- 1.4 Counting Coins up to One Dollar
- 1.5 Counting Coins Past One Dollar
- 1.6 Dollars
- 1.7 Counting Dollars and Coins
- 1.8 Comparing Money – Part 1
- 1.9 Counting Money – Part 2
- 1.10 Converting Money into Decimal Form
- 1.11 Comparing Money
- 1.12 Making Change
- 1.13 Salary Calculations
- 1.14 Money Games
- 1.15 Family Budgeting
- 1.16 Calculating Commission
- 1.17 Calculating Sale Price
- 1.18 Interest Rates
What we loved about A+ Interactive Math
- Short Interactive Lessons
I appreciated that the lessons were short and to the point. Each Time and Money lesson took about 10 minutes to watch the interactive lesson and another 5-10 minutes to complete the interactive review. Since the Math Mini-Courses are to be used to fill in math learning gaps, they can easily be added to any current math curriculum.
- User Friendly Website
At first I was concerned that the website was going to be cumbersome to manage. I found the sign up, student set up and parent portal very easy to navigate. I appreciate well organized programs and I found each lesson, reviews and reporting to be easy to find and manage.
- PDF Lesson Options
Although my daughter once loved all things online, she doesn’t quite as much anymore. I absolutely LOVED the option of being able to print out each lesson and review worksheet. This is a huge plus for me and for those that are reducing screen time, road schooling or have limited internet connectivity.
- Math Placement Test
The math placement test does not come with the Math Mini-Courses, however I appreciate the fact that it is available if needed. They offer a free placement test as well as a paid version that creates an individualized report that identifies math learning gaps and includes lesson plans.
If your not exactly sure where your student is struggling, these placements tests are invaluable!
Overall, we found great value added to our math studies using the Math Mini-Courses with A+ Interactive Math. The lessons did take some prompting and encouraging on my part for my daughter to get started and finish each day. I found this most likely to be the case due to the “interactive voice” being a bit monotonous and slow. For example, during the interactive review she was done reading the question before the interactive voice, yet had to wait before being able to answer the questions. This frustrated her, however since lessons are short I just encouraged her to press on until she was finished. A little patience never hurt anyone 😉
We will most likely be continuing by using the PDF option for both the lessons and review worksheets.
Are you interested in learning more about some of the other subjects available with the Math Mini-Courses from A+ Interactive Math? Read more reviews from The Schoolhouse Review Crew!